Just as dancers must learn to stretch to extend their reach, Eastern Connecticut Ballet has always reached out to others in the form of community service and outreach programming. Our strong partnerships with Connecticut’s social service agencies, schools, businesses and foundations support our work on many levels.
Thanks to the assistance of grants, business sponsorships, and our invaluable volunteers, our programs reach an ever-widening circle of people of all ages.
Did You Know?
- Nearly 43,000 area students have seen ECB’s The Nutcracker free of charge.
- More than 37,000 students in 15 area schools have participated in ECB’s free assemblies, learning about ballet as well as nautical history.
- Nearly 4,500 community members and U.S. military families served by 20 social service agencies have seen The Nutcracker free of charge.
- ECB produces the only Nutcracker performance in Connecticut accompanied by a live, 35-piece symphony orchestra.
- We award more than $60,000 in annual scholarships so that deserving students may join our dance classes.
- ECB is partnering with the New London School System to create a dance program for the Nathan Hale Arts Magnet School. We also provide scholarships to selected New London students.
- The Eastern Connecticut Symphony Orchestra features our dancers for their Young People’s Schoolchildren’s Performances.
- Since we first produced The Nutcracker in 2003, more than 100,000 children and adults have enjoyed the tradition and grandeur of this ballet at the Garde Arts Center. We have also produced numerous full-length classical ballets at venues throughout Connecticut.
Would you like to help? There are several ways that you or your business can lend a hand. Go to our Nutcracker Sponsors page and sign up to help sponsor this annual program for our community