ECB Youth Company
ECB Youth Company
Our school holds auditions for the Eastern Connecticut Ballet Youth Company once a year in September.
Membership in the Company is a privilege we offer to students who demonstrate the highest level of ability and commitment.
• Students in Level 5 are eligible to audition for the Junior Company
• Students in Level 6 are eligible to audition for the Apprentice Company
• Students in Level 7 are eligible to audition for the Youth Company
This group of dedicated dancers represents ECB at many different venues throughout the region. They perform classical, contemporary and original choreography staged by Artistic Director Gloria Govrin and ECB resident faculty and guest artists. With permission of the Balanchine Trust, Company dancers performed selections from Balanchine’s Raymonda. They also have performed works by José Limón with permission of the Limón Company.
ECB is committed to bringing original and professional-level productions to the stage, such as our acclaimed world premiere of Ballerina Swan. This ballet was based on a book by Allegra Kent, a former principal dancer with the New York City Ballet.
Other regional arts organizations often invite our Company dancers to collaborate on special performances. The Eastern Connecticut Symphony Orchestra has accompanied our performances of The Nutcracker, Benjamin Britten’s The Young Person’s Guide To the Orchestra, and The Carnival of the Animals by Saint-Saëns. Other collaborators include the U.S. Coast Guard Band, the New Haven Ballet, Sound Music, Shoreline Arts Alliance, Connecticut Dance Alliance, and others.
Whether they are under the lights on the main stage at the historic Garde Arts Center, on the more intimate stage of The Katharine Hepburn Cultural Arts Center, or on many school stages throughout the region, our students experience the thrill of dancing for enthusiastic audiences of all ages.
ECB Youth Company Repertory
• The Nutcracker – Gloria Govrin, Krystin Baribault, Adam Miller
• Ballerina Swan By Gloria Govrin
• Concerto Barocco (1st Movement) – By George Balanchine – With permission of the Balanchine Trust through Deborah Flomine
• Raymonda Variations – By George Balanchine – With permission of the Balanchine Trust through Gloria Govrin
• Musical Offerings by José Limón – with permission of José Limón Foundation
• Vivaldi, Lester, Bach by José Limón -with permission of José Limón Foundation
• Gershwin Suite by Gloria Govrin
• Marches by Gloria Govrin for collaboration with ECSO
• Interplay by Gloria Govrin
• Faust by Gloria Govrin
• Le Corsaire set by Debra Ryder
• Cinderella set by Debra Ryder
• Sleeping Beauty set by Debra Ryder
• Les Sylphides set by Debra Ryder
• Evacuees by Lisa DeRibere
• Minkus Pas de Trois By Adam Miller
• Simply Mozart by Krystin Baribault
• Country Dances by Krystin Baribault
• Les Fleurs de Rose by Krystin Baribault
• Character Dances by Alla Nikitina
• Like a Cloud, Like a Wing, Like a White Light Burning… By Bo Parish
• Road to OZ by Leslie Unger
• On Common Ground by Margaret LaVon Phil
From the Pages to the Stage series:
• Carnival of Animals by Gloria Govrin
• Young Person’s Guide to the Orchestra by Gloria Govrin
• Green Eggs and Ham by Debra Collins-Ryder
• Les Patineurs by Betty Seibert
• Hansel & Gretel by Krystin Baribault, Adam Miller